Wednesday 17 March 2010

Front Page Ideas

I changed my mind on what picture i am going to use for my cover.
Underneath i have come up with some ideas of the front page design. I have tried out a few by trying different fonts, colours and editing the image on the background. Hopefully i will be able to choose one i am happy with and use it in my final design of my front page.

I edited the picture to black and white on this to try out different colour schemes.
The font of this masthead I used is called Mekanik LET, i believed this suited my image as it stood out and was very noticeable. For my cover line i used the font called Palatino Linotype. The word 'sidonie' was written in Bickham Script Pro. i did not like this font as I believed it was too plain and simple. For the word 'stone' I used the font Cambria Math. I liked this font the most as i believe its distinctive and stood out on the page.

The below pictures are adaptations of the first idea (above) i have created. I have used the same fonts, with some exceptions, and changed the colours and moved text around to my desirability.



Above i did not like the colour scheme of the orange text and blue aspects of the background. I felt they did not co-ordinate well and did not look very effective.





.


Here i included the text that will go on my magazine. I tested out where to put this text by first aligning it to the left.

I then tried it so the text was aligned to the right, though i did not like either of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment